The general internship requirements, duties and tasks are laid out below.
The suitable candidate will meet the following criteria:
- The applicant should be a graduate student (who has either just completed her/ his studies or is working on her/ his final research project) in one of the following areas: political or social science, gender/ feminist studies, migration studies, sustainable development, environmental science or any related area. Applications from undergraduates will not be considered.
- The candidate will possess strong written and oral English language skills, have a high level of computer literacy (MS Office) and have the ability to work independently or in a team. In addition, she/he should preferably have some qualitative research and field work experience.
- We only accept South African applicants or applicants with a requisit visa status. Tourist visa are not an option.
- The applicant must have proven experience (either through work or research) working in one of the HBS programme areas.
The candidate will be placed in one of the HBS programmes under the supervision of a Programme Manager. The candidate will ideally work at our office for 3 to 6 months and should be available to work full time.
The intern will be required to undertake the following tasks:
- Event planning,
- Documentation of projects,
- General office work and office communication.
A monthly stipend will be awarded, however, interns will be responsible to arrange and pay for their travel to Cape Town and their own accommodation.
Applications should be written in English and include a cover letter, an up to date CV, a writing sample as well as a completed application form. Applications must be submitted to info'at'za.boell.org.
--- Non-SA candidates must be in the posession of visa/ permits that allow for internships. Tourist visa are insufficient ---